CERTIFICATE IN CULTURAL TOURISM MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 2 Semesters
This course is designed to equip and develop trainee with the knowledge and technical skills in planning and managing small and medium size projects.
- – Trainees go on industrial attachment upon completion of 1ST semester for 8 weeks before commencement of second semester. The trainee have a work place log book to enter daily work activity engaged upon and supervised by both work place and NIHOTOUR Supervisor.
- – Emphasis on practical exercises during lecture sessions IS given top priority.
- – Projects to be written are entrepreneurial and or administrative in nature.
- ¬ Professional certificate in Tourism or Hospitality Management from NIHOTOUR or any Management related course passed at lower credit from a recognized institute.
- ¬ GCE/SSCE/NECO with four credits which must include passes in English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
|Cultural resource products and motive in Nigeria|
|Cultural tourism heritage and economic development|
|National and global Policies on Culture and tourism|
|e-Cultural tourism & ICT App|
|Marketing of Cultural tourism destinations|
|Tourist-host contact, destination and cross culture issues|
|Eco-tourism and culture|
|National and global Heritage sites, events and festivalisation|
|Communication skills and use of English/French languages|
|Site visits/case studies|
|Destination planning resource|
|Trails and themes in cultural tourism|
|Cultural laws and Legislation|
|Cultural travel and tour plan/design|
|Cultural tourism operational practices and administration|
|Entrepreneurial study project|