CERTIFICATE IN EVENT MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 2 Semesters
This course is designed to equip and develop students with the knowledge and technical skills in planning and managing small and medium size event projects.
- ¬ Professional certificate in Tourism or Hospitality Management from NIHOTOUR or any Management related course passed at lower credit from a recognized institute.
- ¬ GCE/SSCE/NECO with four credits which must include passes in English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
|Principles of Event Management|
|Event planning and costing|
|Event Health, security and safety|
|Event reservation and booking|
|Event site and stage decoration|
|Event marketing and promotion|
|e-Event and ICT App|
|Food sanitation, safety & waste mgt|
|Communication skills in English/French|
|Customer care services|
|Event experience/case studies|
|Event staging and operations|
|Event Quality Management|
|Relationship with other organisations|
|Event evaluation and impact mgt|
|Event Cost and benefit analysis|
- – Trainees go on industrial attachment upon completion of 1ST semester for 8 weeks before commencement of second semester. The trainees have a work place log book to enter daily work activity engaged upon and supervised by both work place and NIHOTOUR Supervisor.
- – Emphasis on practical exercises during lecture sessions is given top priority.
- – Projects to be written are entrepreneurial and or administrative in nature.