CERTIFICATE IN TOUR GUIDING
DURATION: 2 Semesters
This course is designed to equip and develop students with the prerequisite conceptual and technical skills in planning and managing small and medium size projects.
- 1. Professional certificate in Tourism Management from NIHOTOUR or any Management related course passed at lower credit from a recognized institute.
- 2. GCE/SSCE/NECO with four credits which must include passes in English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- 3. Holders of professional qualifications in related discipline such as IATA/UFTAA Certificate, Advanced Airfare & Ticketing Course etc.
- 4. Graduate of Nigeria Catering Schools in Benin, Enugu, Kaduna or Lagos.
|Intro to tourism industry|
|Intro to hospitality industry|
|Travel & transport sector operations|
|Tours and guiding principles|
|Tourist attractions and typology|
|Suppliers and tourist attraction|
|Tour Planning and design|
|Attributes, roles & responsibilities of tour guide|
|Communication skills in English and French|
|e-Tour Guide & ICT App|
|Industrial tours/case studies|
|Tour booking/reservation contracts|
|Customer care service in tour guiding|
|Tour security, health and safety|
|Tour delivery and administration|
- – Trainees go on industrial attachment upon completion of 1ST semester for 8 weeks before commencement of second semester. The trainees should have a work place log book to enter daily work activity engaged upon and supervised by both work place and NIHOTOUR Supervisor.
- – Emphasis on practical exercises during lecture sessions should be given top priority.
- – Projects to be written are entrepreneurial and or administrative in nature.
- – The 2nd Semester session is devoted to work place professional work experience and skills acquisition.
- – A work and supervision template is introduced for the trainees as well as the trainers to superintend and report progress within during the attachment.
- – The trainee shall return to the Campus at the end of the exercise to defend his/her experience and entrepreneurial project