DIPLOMA IN TRANSPORT AND TRAVEL MANAGEMENT (DTTM)
STATUS: Run in collaboration with National Institute for Transport Technology (NITT), Zaria.
OBJECTIVES: This two year intensive programme is designed to broaden trainees’ knowledge in transportation and travel management and serve as a sound foundation level for higher qualification in the travels professional and related disciplines.
At the end of the programme, students should be able to:-
- – Apply management skill in their work Environment
- – Computerized reservation system for Travel and Transport Industry.
This programme is structured into 4 Semester with varied courses spread across the Semesters.
The first session of the programme will be devoted to general courses required for specialization. The programme has the following specializations:-
- – Diploma in Transport (Travel Management Option)
- – Diploma in Transport and Travel Management (Management Option)
In the second year, the students will be expected to register for six courses in addition to the core courses chosen from their area of specialization.
- ¬ Candidates with at least three credits and two passes in WASC/GCE or NECO in not more than two sittings
- ¬ Professional Diplomas/Certificate in Hospitality Business and Transport related fields pass at lower credit level from recognized Institutions.
- ¬ Holders of professional qualifications in related disciplines such as IATA/UFTAA, Certificate in Advanced Fare and ticketing course etc.
- ¬ Graduate of Nigerian Catering Schools.
|Transport function and system|
|Travel & transport Admin., Policy/Planning/legislation|
|Business Management and law|
|Travel & transport Law, insurance and logistics|
|Travel facilitation and care services|
|Transport policy analysis|
|Health & safety|
|Strategic mgt & corporate planning|
|e- transport & ICT App|
|GIS in transport|
|Environment and ecology|
|Financial accounting & Management|
|Use of English|
|Air, land and marine transport ops|
|Human Org Behaviour & Resource Mgt|
|Transport logistic mgt|
|Travel/transport mgt project|
|Industrial Tours/case studies|
- – Trainees go on industrial attachment upon completion of 2nd semester for 12 weeks before commencement of fourth semester. The trainees have a work place log book to enter daily work activity engaged upon and supervised by both work place and NIHOTOUR Supervisor.
- – Emphasis on practical exercises during lecture sessions is given top priority.
- – Projects are written based on entrepreneurial engagements.