DIPLOMA IN TRAVEL AND TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 4 Semesters
This course is designed to equip and develop students with the prerequisite conceptual and technical skills in planning and managing small and medium size travel and transport operations.
Basically a skill and conceptual acquisition, this course runs for two academic sessions. The first year teaches general knowledge required for the two areas or specialization that the course embraces and these have management and planning options.
During the second year, the students are required to register for additional six courses to the core courses chosen from their areas of specialization. Also, they will be expected to observe three months of internship in the tourism industry and related organizations.
- 1. Professional certificate in Tourism Management from NIHOTOUR or any Management related course passed at lower credit from a recognized institute.
- 2. GCE/SSCE/NECO with four credits which must include passes in English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- 3. Holders of professional qualifications in related discipline such as IATA/UFTAA Certificate, Advanced Airfare & Ticketing Course etc.
|Transport function and system|
|Travel & transport Admin., Policy/Planning/legislation|
|Business Management and law|
|Travel & transport Law, insurance and logistics|
|Travel facilitation and care services|
|Transport policy analysis|
|Health & safety|
|Strategic mgt & corporate planning|
|e- transport & ICT App|
|GIS in transport|
|Environment and ecology|
|Financial accounting & Management|
|Use of English|
|Air, land and marine transport ops|
|Human Org Behaviour & Resource Mgt|
|Transport logistic mgt|
|Travel/transport mgt project|
|Industrial Tours/case studies|
- – Trainees go on industrial attachment upon completion of 2nd semester for 12 weeks before commencement of fourth semester. The trainees have a work place log book to enter daily work activity engaged upon and supervised by both work place and NIHOTOUR Supervisor.
- – Emphasis on practical exercises during lecture sessions is given top priority.
- – Projects to be written are entrepreneurial and or administrative in nature.