DIPLOMA IN TRAVEL & TOURISM MANAGEMENT (IATA/UFTAA FOUNDATION, CONSULTANT AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAMMES)
STATUS: International Professional Programme
DURATION: 2 Semesters
VENUE: Bagauda -Kano Lake Campus
This course is designed to enable the student;
- – Achieve technical skills in Travel and Tourism operations.
- – Gain a broad know-how of Travel Agency, Tour and Airlines Operations.
This course is an intensive three months programme, structured into two basic parts namely a paper on General knowledge and Airfare & Ticketing. These are broken into modules as reflected in the course outline.
- – SSCE/GCE/NECO, Grade II teacher certificate
- – Holders of professional certificate in tourism
- – Holders of certificates in Management Studies.
- – ND, OND and NCE holders.
- – B.SC/B.A. and HND holders.
- – Must be a practicing employees of the travel and tour operation agencies have an added advantage.
- – Candidates can register for Consultant and Management courses upon achieving Foundation qualification.
This course is designed for:
- – Staff of travelling Agencies and Tour operations/transport firms.
- – Airline personnel, a general sales agents or tour operator who deals regularly with travel agents.
- – Personnel of large companies responsible for making travel arrangements for company executives and who wish to acquire an understanding of the industry’s practices and procedure
- – Trainees who wish to make a career in the travel industry and who plan to work in a travel agency or tourism industry.
The business environment of the Travel and Tourism Industry; Geography in the Travel; Planning I; Travel Formalities; Land Transport Rail; Land Transport Car & Camper; Hotels; Airfares & Ticketing I; Water Transport Ferry; Tour Package I; Air Transport Essentials; Customers Services; Technology in the industry; Global Distribution system (GDS) (Computer & Information Technology).
While NIHOTOUR is saddled with the responsibility of training and preparing the trainees for the professional examinations, certification is by the IATA/UFTAA headquarters in Montreal Canada. Cambridge Universities, U.K also certificates the graduates as enrolled students of the university.
These certificates are thus globally recognized and demanded by the industry operators for gainful employment.