INNOVATIVE DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
DURATION: 4 Semesters
OBJECTIVE: This course is designed to broaden students knowledge in Hospitality Operation, Management and to have a sound foundation for higher qualification in the hospitality professions and related disciplines.
- – The programme is structure to have 1,800 contact hours.
- – Trainees go on industrial attachment upon completion of 2nd semester for 12 weeks before commencement of third semester. The trainees should have a work place log book to enter daily work activity engaged upon and supervised by both workplace and NIHOTOUR Supervisor.
- – Emphasis on practical exercises during lecture sessions is be given top priority.
- – Projects to be written are base entrepreneurial and or operational / administrative in nature.
- – Professional certificate in Hospitality Management from NIHOTOUR or any management related courses passed at lower credit load from recognized institutions.
- – GCE/SSCE/NECO with four credit passes including a pass in English and Mathematics and two science subjects at not more than two sittings.
|Introduction To Hospitality|
|Introduction To Tourism|
|Food & Beverage Production|
|Food & Beverage Service|
|Accommodation Operation (House Keeping)|
|Use Of English Language|
|Intro. To ICT And Computer Application|
|Use Of French Language 1|
|Front Office Operations|
|Introduction To Book Keeping And Accounts|
|Food Hygiene And Nutrition|
|Food And Beverage Costing & Control|
|Customer Care Services|
|Accommodation Operation (Front Office)|
|Computer And Ict Application|
|Food Microbiology And Hygiene|
|Intro To Hospitality Statistics|
|Use Of French Language II|
|Physical And Health Education|
|Bar And Liquor Operations|
|Hotel Accounting And Software Application|
|Long Essay (Project)|