POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (PGDHM)
DURATION: 2 Semesters
To provide sufficient professional and intellectual motivation to persons with Higher National Diploma (HND) in Hospitality Management or its equivalents to pursue advance studies in Hospitality Management towards meeting the high load manpower needs for the immediate and future challenges.
The course is professional in nature and last for 2 semesters. This translates to 6 month of academic works and 3 months for a written research project in the student’s area of specialization.
The prospective candidate for this course must have
- – 5 credit pass in GCE/SSCE/NECO in English, mathematics plus 3 other science based subjects.
- – B.Sc./HND in Hotel & Catering Studies or its equivalent
- – B.Sc./HND in any discipline other than item (1) above with minimum of two years cognate experience
- – Passed the selection interview.
The programme makes extensive use of learning materials; industrial site tours and work place operational training:
|Trends in Hospitality and Tourism Industry|
|Accommodation and property Mgt|
|Sustainable and Green Hospitality Dev|
|Event Planning & Management|
|Destination & Hospitality Marketing|
|Hospitality & Tourism Law|
|Hospitality operations and Office Practices I|
|Food Hygiene, Sanitation & Safety|
|ICT & Computer Application|
|Human and Org Behavior & Mgt|
|Seminar & Project proposal|
|Industrial Tours/Case Studies|
|Hospitality operations and Office Practices II|
|Entrepreneurial Studies & Project|
- – Trainees go on industrial attachment upon completion of 1st semester for 8 weeks before commencement of second semester. The trainees should have a work place log book to enter daily work activity engaged upon and supervised by both work place and NIHOTOUR Supervisor.
- – Emphasis on practical exercises during lecture sessions should be given top priority.
- – Projects to be written should be entrepreneurial and or administrative in nature.